Saturday, April 28, 2007

Grabbing a moment

I like to keep the camera with me as often as possible just in case the moment arises. For example recently I have been taking some lunch hours to photograph birds. It takes me ten minutes to get to the site near the office which gives me 40 minutes shooting time. These short sessions can be quite productive such as this dipper from this week.

I also have to travel around a lot with work and will sometimes leave home early on my journey so I can have a short stop somewhere en route, as was the case yesterday on the way to Durham. I stopped at Bignall Banks which as two species that I haven't photographed, and intend to concentrate on over the next month, had been reported their recently. These are the pied flycatcher and redstart. I managed to find one female flycatcher during my brief visit.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails