Monday, February 05, 2007

The Long Search For the Gull is Over

For months I have kept stopping at flocks of Black-headed Gull trying to find a Mediterranean Gull and failed miserably. I decided to pop out briefly on Sunday morning despite the fog to see what was around along New Brighton sea front. I thought if nothing else I will take a couple of shots of Common Gull. Fortunately the fog was clear just along the front and sunlight was occasionally managing to get through.

Common gull

Earlier I had spotted a Mediterranean Gull out in the middle of the Marine Lake, out of range. I then drove up to a large group of Black-headed Gulls and suddenly realised the one at the front didn't look quite the same. Found what I had been looking for after looking at all those thousands of sea gulls over the weeks.



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails